Are you considering taking your family on a camping trip? If the answer is yes, then you’re in the right place! I’ve compiled a list of helpful tips and tricks to make your trip easier, lighter, and more enjoyable. I’m sure you’ll love these!
1. Add foam floor tiles to the tent floor to make sleeping a little more comfortable.
2. Use a bucket and a milk crate as an emergency toilet.
3. To make a homemade lantern, wrap a headlamp around a gallon of water with light facing in toward the water.
4. Or paint the inside of a jar with non-toxic glow-in-the-dark paint for an easy DIY lantern.
5. Tic Tac containers make great little containers for spices.
6. Repurpose an old CD case to hold and protect TP.
7. An upside-down bottle with holes in the lid makes a perfect hand washing station.
8. Keep your matches dry by storing them in an old prescription bottle.
9. Use tortilla chips like Doritos to start a campfire.
The hydrocarbons and oil in Doritos make them highly flammable.
10. Need to wash your clothes while camping? Make your own portable washing machine using a five-gallon bucket and a standard bathroom toilet plunger.
11. Turn a shoe organizer into the ultimate outdoor kitchen organizer.
12. Build a mini rocket stove from leftover tin cans.
13. Add bundles of sage to a campfire to keep mosquitos and other bugs away.
14. Turn empty coffee creamer bottles into spill-proof snack containers.
15. Keep your camper and tent floors clean by storing your shoes in a shower cap after taking them off.
Want to save these camping hacks to remember them for later? Be sure to save this post to your favorite Pinterest board!